Interested in volunteering? We have a variety of volunteer opportunities and shifts available. Volunteers commit to a weekly or monthly two-hour (or longer) shift, as individuals or in groups of up to 5 people. Please note, children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. We are open Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 9am-6pm, and do not utilize volunteers on Wednesdays, Saturdays or Sundays at this point in time.
- Pantry distribution
- Grocery or meal delivery (license and car needed)
- Packing groceries
- Packaging meals
- Providing and/or serving meals (Great for businesses and service organizations)
- Tending and harvesting produce at our garden plot
- Fundraising events
Please complete this short intake form so we can learn about your interests and availability. Someone from the Citizens Inn team will be in touch with you shortly about scheduling you for an open shift:
Helpful information for the first shift:
- Volunteers will be working at the Haven from Hunger building, located at 71 Wallis Street in Peabody, approximately two blocks from the post office.
- Parking is in short supply – please park by the cemetery or on Elm Street. Please do not park in the Luso Credit Union bank parking lot, or our parking lot, as we need that space for to load items into volunteer vehicles. You may be towed if you park in the Luso lot.
- Dress for the weather! Our operations have been moved outside so please wear gear that can withstand the elements and comfortable shoes. Masks are required.
- Attention to confidentiality and respect for all clients, staff and volunteers is required.